COVID-19 Stay at Home & Stay Healthy Wellness Resource Guide
During this unprecedented time, it’s important to continue to stay motivated and pursue a healthy lifestyle. Whether it’s workouts you can do from the comfort of your home, healthy meals you can plan around your busy schedule, or tips on homeschooling your kids while you’re on the clock, we hope you find something helpful to take away from this guide.
Get Up and Get MovingThere are countless apps, websites, and live streams offering free virtual workout routines including the YMCA, Planet Fitness, DanceBody, Nike Run Club, CorePower Yoga, and ClassPass just to name a few. Here are a few tips to make your at-home workout a success:
- Dedicate a space to your workouts where you can leave your equipment out and ready. Bypassing the step of getting out all the equipment each time you want to workout will encourage you to stick to it.
- Just like you pencil in a gym class on your calendar, do the same with your at-home workouts. Schedule them, mark them on your calendar, and hold yourself accountable.
- Seek a healthy balance between cardio, strength, and stretching. Alternate between cardio and strength workouts.
- Social media is meant to be just that: social! Post online about your workouts and encourage your friends to be doing the same, that way you’re holding each other accountable.
- When you don’t feel like doing a workout at all, tell yourself you’ll just do a light workout or half of a video. Chances are that once you’ve started, you’ll feel motivated to do the whole thing.
- Wear workout clothes that make you feel good about yourself. It doesn’t matter that no one will see you in them, this step is completely for you!
Quarantine Grocery Lists
- Click here to see what 3 registered dietitians are stocking up on to make healthy, delicious meals all quarantine long.
- Click here to see what these nutritionists recommend you have on your grocery list.
- Click here to learn how to plan your shopping trip so that you can be as quick, efficient, and healthy as possible.
Emotional & Stress EatingAre you stress eating while working from home? Here are some resources to help you cope and minimize snacking: Tips to Manage Stress Eating Emotional Eating: What You Should Know 13 Ways to Prevent Stress Eating When You’re Stuck at Home Stress eating these days? Here’s some help Are you stress-eating while working from home? Here’s how to break the habit.
Additional Resources:Check out these healthy eating and meal planning apps:
- Choose MyPlate
- MyFitness Pal
- Calorie King
- Healthy Eating Meal Plan